Phool Makhana, also known as fox nuts, lotus seeds, or Euryale ferox, is a type of seed that comes from the lotus flower. It is commonly used in Indian and Chinese cuisine as a popular snack or ingredient in various dishes.
Phool Makhana has a light and crunchy texture and a nutty flavor. It is often roasted or fried in ghee or oil to enhance its taste and texture. In its raw form, it is white and spherical, but when cooked, it becomes puffy and fluffy like popcorn.
Phool Makhana is a highly nutritious food that is low in calories and fat but high in protein and carbohydrates. It is also a good source of minerals like potassium, magnesium, and phosphorus, as well as vitamins B and E.
Overall, Phool Makhana is a delicious and nutritious snack that is enjoyed by many cultures around the world.
- Rich in Nutrients: Phool Makhana is a good source of protein, carbohydrates, fiber, potassium, magnesium, and phosphorus. It also contains vitamins B and E.
- Good for Digestion: Phool Makhana is high in fiber, which aids digestion and helps to prevent constipation. The presence of an enzyme called tryptase in Phool Makhana also helps in the digestion of proteins.
- Lowers Cholesterol: Phool Makhana is low in saturated fat and high in unsaturated fat, which helps to lower cholesterol levels in the body.
- Good for the Heart: Phool Makhana contains potassium, which helps to regulate blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Boosts Immunity: Phool Makhana is rich in antioxidants, which helps to boost immunity and protect the body from harmful free radicals.
- Helps in Weight Loss: Phool Makhana is low in calories and fat and high in fiber, which makes it an excellent food for weight loss.
- Anti-aging Properties: Phool Makhana contains kaempferol, a flavonoid that has anti-aging properties and helps to prevent the aging of cells.
- Good for Bones: Phool Makhana is a good source of calcium, which is essential for strong bones.
- Regulates Blood Sugar: Phool Makhana has a low glycemic index, which means it releases sugar slowly into the bloodstream and helps to regulate blood sugar levels.
There are no reviews yet.