Scientific Name: Blepharis Edulis Pers
Common Name: Tukhm-e-Utangan, Acanthus Seeds
Name in Urdu: تخم اٹنگن
Arabic Name: Bazrul Qareez
Acanthus belongs to plant named Blepharis edulis Pers. It usually found in India, Pakistan and Iran as well as in Egypt. It is a tiny plant that is covered with soft grey hairs. It contains many ragged leaves that have tickles attached to it. The of its color flowers is yellowish. Its capsules is made up of heart-shaped two seeds that are brownish in as well as smooth and shining.
- They are used to treat tridosha fevers
- leucoderma, nasal haemorrhage
- It used to cure asthma and cough
- Also cure inflammation of throat
- It helps to improves mental derangements
- It also used for treating ascites, liver, and spleen disorders
- The diseases of liver, lungs and chest are cured
- It has positive effects on wounds and ulcers
There are no reviews yet.