· Glowing skin: Pollution, harsh weather and external factors are the reasons to make the skin dull and lifeless. With the help of regular applications of saffron can breathe life into your skin, making it radiant.
· Improving complexion: It is greatly used in skin fairness cosmetic products. Regular use of zafran will give you a healthy and fair complexion.
- · It contains an excellent variety of plant compounds that act as antioxidant molecules that help to protect your cells against free radicals and oxidative stress.
- · Safranal gives It a clear taste and aroma. Research shows that it may help in improving your mood, memory and learning ability and protect your brain cells against oxidative stress.
- · Kaempferol is present in its flower petals. Kaempferol is a compound linked to health benefits, such as reduced inflammation, anti-cancer properties, and antidepressant activity.
- · Through the help of test-tube study, saffron, and its compounds have been shown to selectively kill colon cancer cells or stop their growth, while leaving normal cell unharmed.
- · It also used to remove symptoms like PMS (premenstrual syndrome). PMS is a term that describes physical, emotional and psychological syndrome occurring before the start of the menstrual period.
Health Benefits of Saffron
Following are the important benefits of saffron:
- · It helps in reducing the cancer risk.
- · It may help fight inflammation and arthritis.
- · It boosts vision health.
- · It help in insomnia treatment.
- · It promotes brain health.
- · It promotes digestive health by treating human gastrointestinal issues.
- · It is rich in carotenoids that help to impact immunity.
- · The crocetin in the saffron indirectly regulates blood cholesterol levels and reduced the severity of atherosclerosis.
- As we know the overuse of everything is harmful. Cooking with saffron is the best way to add saffron to the diet without the risk of consuming too much of the spice.
- Taking up to 1.5 grams of saffron per day is generally safe, but consuming too much can be toxic. Research considers that 5 grams to be a toxic dose.